About the Firm
Our reputation is based on hard work, integrity, and fighting relentlessly for our clients
Since 1947, Romer & Lane has served the Upper Cumberland area.
"It takes hard work and integrity. Otherwise, you don't make it around here!" Jim Romer, former attorney at Romer and Lane, couldn't have said it better. With a history that dates back more than 66 years, Romer and Lane, PLLC in Jamestown continues to provide representation and service to our clients.
We assist Tennessee residents with a range of legal issues, including family law, probate and real estate matters. We are also skilled litigators who handle civil rights claims and other disputes on behalf of individuals and businesses.
Whether you're going through a messy divorce, trying to gain custody of your children, need to close an estate, trying to get the benefits you are entitled to, or simply need a will, power of attorney, or to purchase some new property, we are here to help.
Read our client reviews. Let our past clients tell you the service they received - don't just take it from us. Our attorneys have the reputation of a bulldog in the courtroom, fighting for our clients as though they were fighting their own case. Because when you need an attorney, you need someone who's going to roll up their sleeves, do the hard work required, and go to bat for their clients.
Areas of Practice
We specialize in family law and real estate matters
We have handled several cases dealing with child support, child custody battles, adoptions, DCS matters, and real estate law. Some of our areas of expertise are:
- Family law — Divorce is never an easy thing to go through, and it's often made even more difficult when your spouse wants to fight over child custody. It's our job to make it as easy and painless as possible and to make sure you get to see your child.
- Probate and estate matters — We manage probate and estate administration tasks and assist with the creation of wills so that you can preserve and transfer assets as you wish.
- Civil litigation — Our firm offers strong civil litigation advocacy both in court and during negotiations. In every case, we focus on obtaining the best result possible while eliminating undue hassle and cost.
- Real estate — Our firm has a wealth of knowledge, as we've handled property matters in the middle tennessee region for over 60 years. We help clients with deeds, transactions, and real estate disputes.
- Civil rights — If your civil rights have been violated, we have the ability and determination to take on powerful opponents and pursue justice for you. Our attorneys have experience in fighting for people who've been taken advantage of or slapped with unfair charges.
As a trusted member of the local community for more than six decades, our firm takes pride in the relationships we’ve built and the lasting solutions we’ve provided.
Contact our office for a free consultation
Romer and Lane, PLLC assists Upper Cumberland clients with a variety of legal concerns, including family law, estate planning and litigation matters. Please call 888-905-7144 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation at our Jamestown office.